The COOLBOXUK Site

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Continuation on the ALS Project

Nothing worth telling has been happening in my life recently, so I'll just show you some more scrapbooking I did.
It's taken me a week to complete the 20 pages I made with the ALS method and I'm rather happy with the outcome - to my own surprise, I must admit! I'd never really bought into this idea of making blank pages, then finding photos and finishing them. There are drawbacks, of course - well, mainly one, and that is the problem with doing printed journals on something that's already stuck together. I tried a handwritten journal - which would be the obvious thing to do with this kind of LO - but really didn't like it (it's not very well visible in the picture but it's readable on the original - I just don't like my writing!!!). So most of the other LOs, where I wanted more extensive journals, I used scrap bits of paper to print them on. This looks all right, but it's more awkward and will not suit every LO. Have to think about it...

Anyway, the two LOs below are both for a pet challenge at the Club Scrap Yahoo group. They are both 2-page LOs but I'm showing them separately for better visibility (because of the width limit of this blog). They are both of Sandie, one of my first cats many years ago in Germany.

Credits: everything used is from Club Scrap SR kit "Fizz"

The text above tells about Sandy having been with me for only a short time (5 years) because I got her from a rescue home rather than as a kitten. During that time we moved house 4 times and she was always brilliant, always happy - she even loved travelling in the car!

Credits: again everything from the "Fizz" kit except for the aubergine-coloured background papers
which are from another Club Scrap kit but I can't remember which.

The text refers to the quote below it: "Happiness is a direction, not a place." It says that for Sandie, happiness definitely had something to do with places - I found her in the most unusual ones!!! (like my filing trays, child car seat, the washing machine, drinking out of the loo...and in the car she liked to sit on the hat board behind the back seats - people must have taken her for a plush toy!) It also says that of all the cats I've ever had, Sandie was my absolute favourite. She was by far the most interesting!

1 Comments:

At 7:32 am, Blogger Unknown said...

WOW all those layouts are AMAZING!!! Beautiful job!!! I am jealous at your talents.. I LOve how cute the photos are too!!! My puppy never sites still long enough for me to scrap her. LOL
HUGS
Leslie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home