The COOLBOXUK Site

Friday, November 09, 2007

Sweet 70s

Do you love dress up parties? Well I do - but I don't often get the chance... Today I had the time of my life visiting the Fairy Godmother shop here in Chertsey to choose a dress for Winnie's birthday party. Now, Winnie is one of the old ladies at church who, due to family circumstances, has had a rather sad life until she finally became "independent" at the age of 82. Since then she's been indulging herself a bit in nice dresses, hairdressing, fake nails etc and being very prominent at all the parties in church. She's been thriving on it and it's great to see. Now she decided to have a great party for her 85th birthday this December and she's invited lots of people, including Sean and myself. She also asked me to wear the dress I had for our Blessing of Marriage last year - only I don't have that anymore, nor would I really think it proper for the occasion. But she was sooo disappointed when I told her that I decided to go and get something a bit similar but less wedding-orientated from the hire shop - I settled for an 18th century gown in dark blue with flower bouquets. It comes with hoops and a pretty choker, so that should hopefully please Winnie and give her something to look at and have her photo taken with me. And it should make for some nice photos for my scrapbooking, too, hehe... I've always liked fancy dress parties - but the last one we went to was years ago:

This was the Christmas party at the canoe club in 2000 - the theme was 70s and there were a lot of afro wigs, flared trousers and pointed lapels, and of course some hippies... Sean and I are top left; his cousin Kevin and Tracy (who got married this year - remember?) at the bottom, and some friends...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home