The COOLBOXUK Site

Monday, October 08, 2007

LO Threads of Love

Here's another rather old LO I made which I think is interesting. It really is about charity stitching and the beginnings of Stitches for Presents, the group I run (see link in sidebar). It does have pictures of some projects I'd made at the time, as well as a few mini samples of different stitching techniques that I like: cross stitch; Hardanger; Blackwork; and Canvaswork; as well as other needlecraft related embellishments I made myself. I also stitched the green divider lines onto the paper, and the vellum is sewn own with beads...

The text reads: "Despite many years of stitching and countless projects for my own house and for friends, including many birth and wedding samplers, I had to come to England to discover stitching for charity! This pair of cats was a sponsored picture as part of a Noah’s Ark wallhanging. It was my first ever charity piece through Ladyshield Stitchcraft and brought in £148 on its own. The finished project and the total of nearly £2500 went to St Oswald’s Jigsaw Appeal for Children with Life-Limiting Conditions, at Christmas 1999. The idea, though, took hold and in the wake I started to form Stitches for Presents, a postal club for people who want to continually stitch for good causes, and to date (August 2002) the group has had 53 members!"

To date (October 2007) we have had nearly a hundred members over the years, with 40 currently active. For an update on Stitches for Presents (SfP) please follow the links in the sidebar to our website (general info) or to our blog (latest updates).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home