The COOLBOXUK Site

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Giant Fungus

We've been having a few more fine autumn days over here and I've been enjoying the views outside. The ivy in our garden is in flower again, but I must admit I'm rather disappointed that there are no butterflies this year. I remember last year in October we had so many I spent a whole day in the garden with my camera - it was so beautiful. You can see several LOs of butterfly shots if you click on the November link in archives (down the right side of this page) - they start on the second post of the November page.
The only special thing in the garden this year - which I didn't see last year - is a whole host of fungi, covering spaces between the herbs and underneath the rosemary. I think they may be of the same type as the giant fungus Helen and I found in Windsor Park some years ago, although of course they are nowhere near as big: that one was worth a LO of its own!


Journal reads: "We found this mega mushroom (toadstool?) in Windsor Park during our first walk with Helen’s new Spaniel dog. Unfortunately, our two “proportion props” were still so excited with each other that they wouldn’t sit still… 30th September 2003"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home