The COOLBOXUK Site

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Bellringer's Outing

Yesterday, we were away most of the day for the Bellringer's Outing, visiting 5 different churches in Hampshire with a mixed group of ringers of the Guildford Diocese. There were 9 people there from Chertsey, including Sean, his Dad and myself (with Jean along, mainly having little village walks with the dogs while the rest of us were ringing). It was the first time I took actively part in this event and got to ring at least one session of plain rounds in each of the towers. It was amazing how different the bells were - all of them lighter (some by a long margin!) and easier to ring than ours in Chertsey, and I really enjoyed it. It was also interesting to see the different churches and some really lovely typically English villages...
I took a few photos but haven't had time to make pages yet, so here's a bellringing LO which I made for Sophie after her visit here last year.

This is a digital LO made with the "Retro" kit from Club Scrap and a template from Jen Caputo. I think the journalling is big enough to read on the LO itself, so no need to repeat it...

1 Comments:

At 7:36 pm, Blogger Hetty said...

What a wonderful page! I see I need a lot to learn to be able to do a page like this!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home