The COOLBOXUK Site

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Day of the Butterflies

Okay, this is going back a few weeks and I admit that, looking out the window right now, it is hard to believe that these pictures were taken only in October. But I'm so pleased with them that I really want to share them with you, even if it is a little late.
There was one particular day when I looked out the kitchen window while doing the dishes - the view gives straight onto our herb beds and the ivy hedge which was in full bloom, and: full of butterflies. It was just incredible, there must have been 30 or 40 or maybe more of them. I dropped everything I was doing and went out with my camera for quite a while. It was amazing - the golden autumn sunshine, the warmth, and the beauty of it. The butterflies seemed almost tame: they let me come close enough for some really great photos. There were three different types: Red Admirals, Painted Ladies, and Peacocks, although of the latter I didn't get any photos, they just never got into the right positions (it's quite a tall hedge climbing the big fence to our neighbours!). They stayed there all day until the sun went down, but strangely the next day, although it was sunny, too, there were only a few of them.

Credits: based on quickpage by Robin Ackler



Credits for 3 pages: Club Scrap "Farmers Market" digi Kit

1 Comments:

At 1:42 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Petra, LOVE your Club Scrap LO's!! DeborahW, Benicia,CA. USA.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home