The COOLBOXUK Site

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Four Weddings and a Funeral

Or nearly so… Three of my friends had got married or had their marriages blessed within the last two months, and yesterday was the funeral of John Dunster, one of the elderly chaps in our church whom I had come to know and like at the Friday Morning Coffee Break where I frequently help. The funeral was a great big affair in our church, with four clergy attending, including the retired previous vicar who had been in service at John’s confirmation. I sang in the choir – a lot of hymns with strong descants, which John really used to like and always commented on, though I found it really hard because my throat was still sore from that cold. But it seemed fitting to sing for John’s funeral because I’d been genuinely fond of him – we’d had some very good chats and he’d always had an encouraging word or a suggestion when I did my year as Social Events Coordinator at St Peter’s, a duty that I had found truly burdensome. So yes, it feels like I’ve lost a friend…

Credits: quickpage and elements from Robin Ackler

Credits: kit "Lacy Memories" from Manuela Zimmermann; Wordart from scrapNfonts; tab from Mandie Stewart

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home