The COOLBOXUK Site

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Glorious Autumn

So after my introduction, in typical English manner, I think I should talk a bit about the weather!

This year, I was really stunned with it, because it broke all the patterns. To start with, that wasn’t very nice because we missed out on those first sunny days in March that I love so much – it just kept on, raining and cold, until the beginning of June, with only a few decent spots in the first half of the year. Then it broke very drastically and I can remember the exact day! Why??? Because it happened to be the day of our Blessing of Marriage celebration, 3rd of June. I had been so worried in the days before that I would be freezing in my lovely gown and that the rain would spoil the silk. But on the morning of the day I looked out of the window and I simply couldn’t believe it! All blue skies and sunshine – it turned out to be a really hot day, the first one of the year! And it was followed by many more as the weather stayed generally nice until the end of July – even very uncharacteristically through those dodgy weather days of the Wimbledon Tournament. Just as the school holidays began it turned for the worse– poor kids, they got nothing but rain and grey! Then it brightened up again right with the beginning of the new term and we had wonderful weather all throughout September and October, the kind I was used to around my birthday time from my childhood days… There’s nothing like the colours of a glorious Indian summer, and it even stayed warm with it, right until a few days ago. The first of November brought the first frost with all the summer plants in the garden dying a very sudden death, and ever since winter’s approach could be felt: it’s coats and gloves now and you can see your breath once the sun comes down, but we still have blue skies and sunshine during the day!
Now I bet you are wondering why I’m giving you all this weather report? Well, it is SO English, isn’t it – and apart from that it made a nice introduction to today’s set of layouts… These are all photos taken only a couple of weeks ago during a trip to our local farm shop, and I really love them. They represent the glorious autumn we’ve had this year so very well…

Credits for all layouts: kit used - "Farmer's Market" by Club Scrap


1 Comments:

At 8:40 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI Petra

Great!!!! I like your blog very much.
I'm sure you are another blog addict now...
Keep up te good work.
Bye bye from the Netherlands
Christel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home