The COOLBOXUK Site

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Beautiful Poinsettia

Of course, there's no Christmas party without presents, and so it was at Woodlands, too. It took a good long time to distribute the huge heap that had accommulated underneath the "Camouflage Tree". My FIL, Bob, as the host, had the honours of picking and reading out the names, and all the kids helped him, full of excitement, by bringing them to the person they were destined for. Of course, in reality they were only waiting for their own presents, and as soon as one turned up, Bob lost another helper for a while...
I got some really nice presents this year including a lovely fluffy dressing gown and a Victorian photobook to use for some photos of our Blessing of Marriage last year, and a gorgeous specimen of Poinsettia. I'm usually useless with plants and these aren't too easy to keep, so all the ones I've had before died a pretty quick death. However, this one is still going strong 2 1/2 months later - I reckon it is stronger because it was already so big - it's about 1/2 metre high!

Credits: based on quickpage by Tracy Collins

Credits for the 2 pages above which are left+right of one LO:
based on quickpages by Valinda J; alphas by Roseli Padoveze

Credits: based on template by Kathleen Giuliano; alphas by Roseli Padoveze; kit by Stacie Harper

2 Comments:

At 6:18 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

I think your poinsettias are Beautiful.. my favorite would have to the layout with the 4 squares.. You could send them out for christmas cards.. I especially think the blue square is EyeCatching.. Absolutely Stunning. The blue really makes that poinsettia stand out.

Great Job!!
Hugs:)
Leslie

 
At 1:29 pm, Blogger VJ's Scrap Room said...

Good morning:)
I was following a link from Leslie's blog when she sent us to see your wonderful layouts.I was soo surprised to see a couple of my QPs.How cool that you were able to use them.:)You did an excellent job sprucing them up:)
Leslie is right..you have some fantastic layouts on here.Thanks for showing them to me:)

Hugs,
Valinda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home