The COOLBOXUK Site

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Back into crafting

I can't believe that I haven't done any crafting for almost a year, apart from a few cards for SfP. It felt REALLY strange when I finally picked up scissors, cutters and rulers again and set to work on a scrapbook page. It took me much longer than it should, and not only because the printer went temperamental when I tried to do the journalling... Anyway, I tried to pick up where I left off - on the theme of a scraplift challenge, recreating every single layout shown in a chosen magazine with your own twist, without buying any extra goodies. Only - I couldn't find the magazine I'd used! In the end, I chose a different one which is all about holidays and the first chapter is all seaside layouts. I don't have many seaside photos but decided I could tweak them to suit other themes. Also, the magazine is a rather old one, going back to the times when most layouts were done on plain papers or rather lary patterned stuff and with none of the sophisticated embellishments we have nowadays. So I set myself a new challenge - not only to scraplift all the layouts but to convert them into modern style, using the papers and embellishments more common today. Here's my first offering with which I'm quite pleased:


For those who are interested: all the papers used including the white netty stuff are from Club Scrap's "Weather" kit and the alpha stickers are from their "Salsa" kit. I used a Quickutz alphabet called HONEY and Quickutz elements for the mattes of the alphas. The photo is Sean paddling in the salmon steps in the Barle river - this was quite some years ago, maybe 2001 or 2002, and he was literally fishing for some missing gear a boy had lost while capsizing on one of the steps (quite a dangerous thing to do but he got away with it...). And here is the original LO from the magazine:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home