The COOLBOXUK Site

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Punk Goth and Hobo

Last Saturday, Sean and I were invited to a friend's birthday party: Adele's 50th - barn dance with fancy dress theme - a character most unlikely to come to a barn dance!

Sean as usual couldn't be asked to make much fuss about it and decided to go as a hobo - easy enough: there was plenty of usable "holy" clothes around the house, although his favourite ragged top had gone canoeing in the afternoon and needed a quick dry on the radiator (seeing that he only made that decision about an hour before leaving time...).

As for me, I had spent the afternoon at my friend Eve's where we both got dressed and made up for an evening out. Eve went to her favourite Goth Club and I ended up as a punk goth girl - and I admit I loved the outfit, down to the blood red fingernails!

The party itself was great as well. We saw lots of old friends there, most of whom we hadn't seen in a long time - and all together we had not seen them since our wedding nearly 10 years ago! It was fantastic being able to catch up with everybody, as well as having fun with all the different costumes and the dancing which I admit was a bit rough and tumble (as it has always been with that crowd!). I'm still nursing several bruises, mostly from a pile-up with Jezz...

Here are some photos:
with Sean, Moe, Colin and Adele
Mike Sue + AdeleSean, Adele, me + JezzSeanDancing a Star with Colin + Moe with Fera
There are a lot more photos (about 60) on my Facebook in an album called "Adele's Birthday Party". To see them, you need to be a facebook member as well as my "friend" on facebook. If you are a member but not my friend (because I haven't found you there for some reason) please add me to your friends list. If you are not a member you can sign up here: http://www.facebook.com
It's totally free, easy and save (just don't give out too many details about your identity...). When you have signed up, find my profile (under my full name) and add me to your friends list - then you can go ahead and see all my photo albums there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home