The COOLBOXUK Site

Monday, September 29, 2008

Environmental Church Projects

This time I actually have a really good excuse for having had such a long break in posting: I was busy preparing for the "Greener St Peter's" project and a presentation I have to give about it at the PCC (church council) meeting. It is very interesting but very time consuming to work through all the information and additional website links the Eco-Congregation programme supplies (see link in the section to the right called "Links to things I'm involved in"). I have come across some really interesting sites and blogs that way - some of my favourites I've linked into the section further down to the right under "Links to Environmental and Health Website I use or read". Do have a look at them - you may well find some interesting things. I can definitely recommend the use of the FreshPod - it does keep your veggies nice for a lot longer (I used to hate the floppy carrots and parsnips at the end of the week...not to mention more delicate things that had to be eaten straight away or ended up in the bin...). And have a look at the site with leftover recipes - full of good ideas. The others are interesting, too. Fairtrade will be part of our greening the church project, and privately of course I use their products where possible. It's good that we can get some in the supermarkets now - makes life a lot easier! I'm still finding new interesting websites all the time, so watch that space in the links and there may be more appearing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home